You don’t have to be a solar nerd to stand in awe and amazement at the genius of SunPower’s new Equinox system. It is something to behold. A pure spectacle of beauty and sophistication with cutting-edge technology.
So maybe I am a solar nerd after all, but for those of you who are in denial or just aren’t sure, let’s have a chat about what makes this solar system so incredible to the average Joe, like many of you.
The average American has some knowledge of solar. They know the sun creates energy and solar panels turn it into electricity that can be used in their home. They know their electric bill will go down and they will be happy.
Unfortunately, those same average Americans have usually skipped doing their solar homework before signing on the dotted line with the “other solar guys.” When I ask them what panels are on their roof, they usually have no idea. When I ask them what type of warranty they have, they scratch their heads. Then, when I ask them about monitoring and installation, they begin to tremble in fear.
I have to admit that I find no pleasure in bringing to light these important factors to the desperate souls who signed without proper solar knowledge (well maybe just a little). I especially feel for them when I explain the incredible Equinox system from SunPower. It is at that point that I prepare for crying, weeping, wailing, and even fainting.
You see, the bold truth is that the new Equinox system is something far beyond the reach of what any other conventional solar system can offer, and facts don’t lie.
So here are a few facts to get you started on your Equinox journey.
- The Equinox system will deliver 70% more energy with 70% fewer parts. That means it works better and looks better.
- Each panel has its own pre-integrated microinverter and can be installed 2.5 times faster than a traditional system. That means less time on your roof.
- All major components have been designed and engineered by SunPower. This means that you will have ONE company to work with for the life of your system. This is HUGE.
- Rated as “industry-best aesthetics.” This means if you didn’t like the way the conventional panels looked, you will be thrilled with how awesome these look on your roof. No conduit running across your roof or mounting racks hanging out from the sides of your panels. Just a clean and fresh appearance.
- New Smart Energy management device! This is my favorite. This shoe-boxed size device tracks not only what your system is producing, but what how much electricity you are consuming. I can’t get over how great this is going to be for homeowners.
- Boasts a 25 year power AND product warranty. Don’t be fooled by what the “other guys” say about their warranties. (I suggest you read their extra fine print.)
As you can see, I’m super excited about the new Equinox. But don’t worry. At first I was a little skeptical myself, wondering if a system like this could actually exist. But just as I have suggested to all of you, I did my own solar homework.
I recently attended a SunPower Equinox Roadshow and I saw for myself. I looked at the panels and the hardware up close and personal. I observed a mock installation and saw first-hand how flawless the solar array looked on the roof. For a brief moment, I felt like a kid at Disneyland for the first time. Well, something like that.
If you’re like me and prefer to see the facts for yourself, then take a look at this article written by pv-tech.org. Better yet, take a minute or two and visit the SunPower website to watch a short video about the Equinox system.
The good news is that you will no longer be the average Joe when it comes to solar. The better news is that you will demand better solar. The best news is that you will be able to get the better solar you demand with Sunpro*.
*Sunpro Solar is an Elite SunPower Dealer